20:30 x 8 Handstand Push-ups
5 Rounds, each for time of:
1 Round Every 5 Minutes Complete:
15 Wall Balls (20/14)
Post time to comments.
This time last year… we talked about our In-House Olympic Lifting Meet.
Attention all CrossFit Chicago Men, this is your chance to show the results of your hard work and training at CFC. Any and all men are encouraged to participate. If you have not already contacted Bryce for your entry, please do so now! If you cannot participate in all 4 events, you are still welcome to participate, just contact Bryce for what events you’ll be able to attend.
We’ll have a casual hangout with BYO beverages and food afterwards for those who wish to relax after a hard days work.
1 round of Fight Gone Bad (No scaling option)
1 min AMRAP wall ball – 20#
1 min AMRAP sumo deadlift high pull – 75#
1 min AMRAP box jump – 20″
1 min AMRAP push press – 75#
1 min AMRAP cals on rower
- Full squat depth must be achieved and part of the ball must touch the line for each rep to count. No scaling option.
- Both plates must touch the floor to start each rep, and bar must be at collarbone height with torso in vertical plane for Sumo Deadlift High Pull to count. No scaling option.
- Hips must open at some point above the box with foot parallel to the floor, and chest perpendicular to floor.
- Bar must be locked out overhead with knees and elbows locked out with the bar position directly overhead.
- Total calories for the row. Any technique is allowed
- Athlete has one minute to complete as many reps as possible at each station.
- Athlete’s score will be total reps completed
Heat 1 begins at 8:15
Heat 2 begins at 8:23
Heat 3 begins at 8:31
Heat 4 begins at 8:39
Event #2 (No scaling option)
- Athlete runs 400M for time
Heat 1 begins at 9:00
Heat 2 begins at 9:05
Heat 3 begins at 9:10
EMOM Ladder (Weights are 135/155/175/185/195/205/215/225/235/245)
Deadlift, Hang Clean, Shoulder to Overhead, Hang Clean, Shoulder to Overhead
- Complex must be completed without barbell touching the floor until 2nd Shoulder to Overhead is completed.
- Cleans can be power or squat.
- Shoulder to Overhead must be from front rack and any way is acceptable as long as bar is locked out.
- Athlete has 45 seconds to complete the complex. If not complete in 45 seconds, the rep will not be counted.
- If athlete fails a clean, he can attempt again as long as the bar doesn’t touch the ground.
- If the bar touches the ground, the athlete may complete an AMRAP burpee set to break any ties (ie 205# + 20 burpees). They must attempt a rep of the complex before beginning burpees.
- At the end of the 45 seconds, the athlete will move to the next bar.
- If an athlete completes all weights, their score will be final weight + burpees.
First athlete begins at 9:40
(Athletes score will determine order with lowest scoring athlete after first two events going first to athlete with best scoring position going last)
Event #4 (15 minute cutoff)
100 Double-Unders or 300 Single-Unders
50 Overhead Walking Lunge Steps (25#)
40 Pull-ups (Black Band + 1 minute/Gray Band + 2 minutes)
20 Kettlebell Swings (1.5) (1 pood + 1 minute)
10 Kettlebell Shoulder-to-Overhead/Arm (1.5) (1 pood + 1 minute)
- There will be a 15 minute cutoff for the workout. If an athlete does not finish, their score will be total reps completed.
- There is no penalty for scaling double-unders to single-unders.
- Weight must be held overhead without touching head, trail leg must touch floor on each rep.
- A one minute penalty will be added for the two scaling options for the pull-ups after the workout is completed) Chin over bar with full extension at the bottom of the rep is the standard.
- Athlete must re-establish vertical position with hands overhead for the top of the rep for the burpees. Chest to deck at the bottom of the rep.
- Kettlebell must overhead with arms locked out at the top of the rep. No bent arms, no forward lean at top of rep.
- Knee and elbow lockout must be completed for shoulder-to-overhead to count. Reps can be split anyway as long as 10/arm is completed.
Heat 1 begins at 10:40
Heat 2 begins at 11:00
Heat 3 begins at 11:20
Heat 4 begins at 11:40