A – Power Snatch + Snatch EMOM 6 x 2 (75-90%)
B – Deadlift 5 x 3 (82.5%) (Final Set is AMRAP)
10 Rounds for time of: (15 minute cap)
10 Wall Balls (20/14)
10 MB Sit-Ups
10 Ball Slams
Post loads and time to comments.
This time last year… Mike did a recap on the CIRC and the CFC 2k Row Challenge.
10 Take Home Points From Day 1 of Poliquin Bio-Sig Course
1. When HCl and Zinc levels are deficient in the body, the body will be deficient in all other minerals.
2. The more insulin stored in the body, the faster the aging. Fat storage in the suprailliac site, love handles, will show this.
3. 1g – 1.5g per % of bodyfat has shown to decrease inflammation, reduce risk of all disease, decrease overall fat mass, and increase muscle mass.
4. Your magnesium chelate should end in “ate”. The more chelates the better the absorption.
5. On average men should intake around 2g/day and women should intake around 1.2/g day to get levels to normal, which can lead to better insulin sensitivity, stress reduction, and improved nervous system response.
6. All receptor sites in the body have sites for Vitamin D3 and Omega 3′s.
7. Eating a meat and nut breakfast has been shown positive to increase resting metabolism, improve brain function, and keep body fuller for longer.
8. If manganese is over 7mg/day, a mineral commonly found in soy products, it can be toxic to brain health.
9. Supplements should be taken mid meal to be properly absorbed.
10. People eating a Paleo based diet should be taking probiotics, however probiotics found in stores have been shown to contain dead/ineffective bacteria strains because of improper storage.
I could have made this a 20, 30, or 40 take away points for the day, but the hope is that you can gain something from these 10 points. Charles Poliquin has a wealth of knowledge, and if you are ever looking to read up on a multitude of ways to improve your fitness, nutrition, lifestyle, supplementation, etc check out www.charlespoliquin.com