For time: (15 min cap)
50 Overhead lunges (45#/25#)
40 Pull ups
30 Thruster (95#/65# or 40-50% press)
10 Squat clean (95#/65#)
The Tutu Part 2
-Woody aka METAGCGP
The Open is days away and soon the men will be separated from the boys. Open registration can only mean one thing. The Marginally Elite Tournament! The MET is making its return, with a couple improvements.
What is the MET you ask? It is a competition for those of us who know we have a better chance of taking a picture of Bigfoot swimming with the Loch Ness Monster than we do at making it to Regionals. It is for those of us who aren’t afraid of pink and know we could rock a tutu. “We are not proper regional material” JoeP
What started as a joke is bound to be an institution! Each week the MET “Athletes” will submit their scores to the Open site for validation like everyone else, what is different is that their scores are then compared against the other METAs (I am going to just keep adding letters and stop using any words) to rank a weekly “winner” and loser. The “winner” is given the “T-shirt” to wear while competing in the next week’s Open workout whereas the loser must wear the infamous tutu. It is that simple. The complete rules, yes we really did put that much thought into it, can be seen here.
-JK is not eligible unless he buys-in by doing 13.1 in the tutu…this rule will forever be known as the JK Rule and will remain in effect for future METs, this to remind you that though you may have won, you are still just marginal.
-A new “winner’s” shirt. A picture if it can be seen at the above link.
-The ME March Madness…that is right boys and girls, this year you can all get involved! All “Athletes” must submit their Fran time and their Deadlift PR when they register. This will be used to compute seedings and generate brackets. Brackets will be made available to all you non-METAs so that you can pick your favorites and root them on of the final showdown.
-A Final Showdown where the bracket semifinalists will face off against the META with the highest point total through 13.4. 13.5 will be the grand champion showdown and we will crown the METAGC! I don’t think I can legally mention money or wagering; I don’t want to be cuffed and frisked by copper Bob the 12 o’clock bully…he smells like Icy Hot. There will be point$ (obvious exaggerated wink) awarded to the top 2 (80/20 split).
-CMET (Chic Marginal Elite Tournament) Still not enough ladies yet but there is time. The hens signed up to date are not that Marginal, most of them probably could place in the men’s division.
To register send an email with you name, Fran time, Deadlift PR, SSN, Mother’s maiden name and favorite One Direction song to METAGCLMNOP@gmail.com.
Best responses I have received to the METAGC application questions:
- I do not know who One Direction is, but I’m willing to use the google if this is essential to my participation.
- I don’t know my Fran. I wouldn’t be surprised if its around 55 min
- My favorite 1 Direction song is “What Makes you Beautiful”. I’m glad I got that out of the way.
- My DL PR is #365.5. I added an extra 0.5 to beat Jonny’s PR of #365. Sad, but those little things make me very happy.
- Fave 1 direction song the white noise made by the radio when they are playing and it cuts out.
- Please count me in for the event title with the longest acronym ever.
- Wow, this is a difficult question because it really depends on my mood. I guess I’ll go with “What Makes you Beautiful.”
- I googled One Direction thinking the name sounded like a great pop/electronica earlier 80s band and was disappointed to learn that none of those kids were even born in the 80s.
- Oh yeah, and I love the One Direction song “Kiss You.”
Molik actually answered all the questions mostly completely…he only gave me the last 4 of his SSN so there will be no renting a plane with his identity for me, but he gets cool points for following instructions, mostly.
6AM Glenn and JeremyS answered all of them! They really gave me a 9 digit codes, not sure it is legit; I hope he has Life Lock. Jeremy even gave me his First Pet’s Name, High School Mascot, Street Grew Up On and Color Of First Car. This information can be made available to the highest bidder.
It should also be noted than not one of the Chics even came close to signing up correctly and we still only have like 8. At this rate I am just going to buy 8 jocks and make you all wear them each week. Come on ladies! You need a least a dozen and a better “winner” and loser prize.