A – Jerk EMOM 6 x 2 (70%)
B1 – Press 3 x 5 (55%)
B2 – Bent Over Row 3 x 5 (55%)
21-15-9 reps for time of: (8 min cap)
Push Jerk (135/95 or 80% of Press)
Post load and time to comments.
This time last year… was the Women’s Throwdown!!!
Bed Head, No Problem
So you’re not a morning person. That’s ok, I’m not always a morning person either. But, the good thing about CrossFit Chicago is that we have a ton of class times, meaning no excuses for not being able to get to the gym. I totally understand not wanting to workout at 6am. We know they’re all a bunch of weirdo’s that workout that early anyway!! Totally kidding, no one go and blow up at me on the blog. For all of those who were not aware or have just made excuses for not getting up in the morning to workout, we have a class every MONDAY WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY at 7am. Here are a few things I wanted to share about this class that may entice you to show up.
1. The blog picture today – George and Ben roll out of bed regardless of what their hair looks like, no judging I swear. Some mornings, my hair is also in pretty rough shape, but luckily I have huge muscles and I think people are afraid to call me out.
2. The Lululemon Halsted Crew – usually every Wednesday we get a small group of the Lulu staff come and sweat it out. They bring a ton of energy and lots of good laughs to class.
3. Class Size – Don’t be mad at me my regular 7am folks, we may grow a little bit because of this article. Typically, the class ranges anywhere from 1-15 people. I’m sure some folks actually get annoyed with how much I get to hover over them and watch what they’re doing. Trust me, I’m only trying to help you!
4. Dancing/Music – I try hard to get the 7am’ers moving in the morning. I know it’s tough to workout early so we tend to jam. I still have not busted out my dancing warm up, but it may show up soon.
5. ME! – I know most of you members that frequent the evening classes aren’t familiar with me and some of our other coaching staff in the morning. I’ve now been a CrossFit coach for just under 3 years and have coached the 7am class just over a year. When I’m not coaching, or assuming the role of Director of Enterprise accounts, yes I do have a big girl job I’m not a total gym rat, I try and train to hang with the big dogs in the CrossFit community. I’ve competed the last 3 years in Regionals and am looking forward to the 2013 Open coming up.
So there you have it, FIVE really great reasons to come and check out the 7am MWF class. I choose to come and coach before I get my work day started because it’s so awesome to be able to get people moving. Now you have no excuses. We have plenty of showers to get you all off to work on time. See you soon!