A – Muscle-Up (5 strict, 2-3 x 5+ kipping)
B1 – Bench Press 5 x 8 (65%) (Final Set is AMRAP)
B2 – Pull-up 5 x 8 (Final Set is AMRAP)
A1 Back squat 3×5
A2 HSPUs 3×12 (use deficit if need be)
As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
Post load and time to comments.
This time last year… was a rest day.
Goal Survey Results (Part 1)
The results are in! Thanks to many of you who took time out of your busy schedules to complete the Goal Survey, we now have some real, qualitative data about your goals as CrossFitters.
We had a total of 51 respondents (43% female) with a mean age of 33. The average length of membership for those who participated was 7 months to 1 year, with a mean of 3 classes per week attended. Here are some of the observations we made:
Why start CrossFit in the first place?
1) Variety: We found that for the majority of you (37%), CrossFit lured you in initially because you were seeking some fun new spin on your everyday routine.
2) Challenge: For 29% of you, a new challenge was what you were looking for.
3) Peer pressure & the CrossFit bod: 17% of you listed that a friend had inspired you to try it, and another 17% of you listed that you were hoping for some weight loss or added muscle definition.
Why stick with it?
For those respondents who weren’t brand new (49 of the 51), 61% say that the reasons they continue to CrossFit have evolved from when they first started. Many of you stated that it has become an ingrained part of your lifestyle.
1) Challenge: The majority of you (43%) said that you stuck around for the daily challenge.
2) Health: An additional 26.5% of you said you continue to CrossFit for the health benefits.
3) Performance: Another 18% stay with it for the betterment of their athletic performance.
Most commonly listed goals
There were four categories we asked you about in terms of your current goals: Health, Performance, Community, and Appearance. Below are the top 10 most frequently listed goals among the different categories. (Note that it is neither exhaustive nor mutually exclusive.)
1) Lose fat/lean out
2) Better pull-ups (tied w/3rd)
3) Meet new people
4) Cultivate friendships
5) Better overall health/fitness
6) Gain muscle mass
7) Develop strength (tied with 8th & 9th)
8) Improve power lifts
9) As one member so eloquently put it, “Look like you do CrossFit”
10) Improve Olympic lifting technique
Stay tuned for more results about goal importance, commitment, beliefs about progress, and more…coming soon!